Tuesday, December 7, 2010

pancakes, preschool, bipolar depression, & civil war wedding

These four words/subjects can basically describe my life right now.  In between writing a civil war wedding scene for the next best selling novel to hit bookstores worldwide (my dream) and trying to perfect my pancakes for the most picky eater (my daughter); I am also trying to pull a loved one out of a deep dark depression.
Needless to say, life per usual is exhausting, but there has to be a silver lining....right?
So yesterday I did what any other individual would do in such a circumstance, I cried.  I cried till I thought all the tears had run dry, then guess what?  More tears ensued.
Looking back at less than 24 hrs ago, I have yet to come up with a plan, other than to "try try try" ---as my daughter Maya told me today when she heard me scream in the kitchen.
I opened the refrigerator door and stared at the numerous boxes of old Chinese food, and plastic containers of leftovers from the week before.  I asked Maya what she was talking about and she told me she was referring to a Ni-hao Kailan cartoon she had seen the night before.  I simply laughed because it was good advice coming from a 3 1/2 yr old.
Maybe if I start looking at the world through a child's viewpoint then I won't go insane over the life's little quirks.

2 comments:

  1. Darling Debbie you complex individual. You can avoid insanity by counting all of your blessings instead of misfortunes. Remember you are what you think about all day. Life is a do it to yourself program. Look at the less fortunate (and there are many of them), is there anyway you can help them and in the process help yourself. To inject a little humor one of my mothers' favorite saying was " the poor we will always have with us though they are seldom welcome". I am glad that Little Maya is helping you because although I know she can be trying at times - she is one of your greatest blessings. Look at what a Great Dad you have, you might have to stretch it a little bit but that could be another blessing. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you - on some level! Life can get tough. Too much going on at once can drive you insane and sometimes crying is the only way to let it out! (I find crying in the shower best - like any woman, I like to multi task!). But fret not, I'm sure everyting will be ok! :D

    ReplyDelete